Via the Institute for Societal Resilience, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) wants to contribute to solving scientific and societal questions that occupy us all. We do that across borders of scientific disciplines and in collaboration with societal partners: the government, businesses, NGOs and societal organizations. This based on the strong belief that collaborations will increase both the innovativeness as well as the scientific and societal impact of our research. That is why FSS researchers participate in various collaborations and are always open to explore new collaborations.
Establishing collaborations with FSS researchers and/or the research Institute of Societal Resilience is possible and can structured in different ways based on the context. Based on your wishes and intentions we like to explore the opportunities to form new partnerships with you. If you are interested you can contact the secretariat of the ISR directly.
Researchers of the FSS participate a.o. in the next collaborations:
- VICES, a platform for researchers at VU to share their research and work together, and develop new ideas.
- Talma Institute for the Study of Work, Care and Welfare combines knowledge and conducts research in the fields of employment, health and welfare.
- NI - Network Institute studies the techonological, economic, social and communicative aspects of networking.
- CLUE + - Cultural Landscape and Urban Environment is a centre of expertise on urban and rural herritage in the Netherlands and in the rest of Europe. The centre focuses on the economic, cultural and academic dimensions of cultural heritage.
- LEARN! is a research institute and a center of expertise in the field of education. It focuses on learning, teaching, developing and deploying in the perspective of a lifelong learning.
- A-LAB conducts research in the field of criminology. Sociologists take part in the institute's research projects.
- Amsterdam Business Research Institute (ABRI) is both a research institute and a center for doctoral education. It covers a wide variety of business topics, with a central role for the topic connectivity.
- ACCESS EUROPE (VU and UvA) focuses on increasing the insights on Europe, the European Uninon and the member states, and the chaging relationship between the EU, the Netherlands and the rest of the world.
- LASA - Longitudinal Aging Study Amsterdam. Longitudinal Aging Study Amsterdam is an interfacultairy collaboration that wishes to determine predictors and consequences of ageing. Therefore the researchers focus on physical, emotional, cognitive and social functioning of people above 55 years.
- Amsterdam Center on Aging is an interdisciplinary working group consisting of approximately thirteen groups within the VU University Amsterdam and the VU University medical center in Amsterdam that conduct research on elderly.
- MDC- Migration and Diversity Centre is a collaboration between the faculties of Law, Social Sciences and Humanities of the VU in the field of diversity and migration.
- Desmond Tutu Programme. With five Desmond Tutu chairs at different faculties VU University Amsterdam aims to work together with its South African partners in a spirit of international academic cooperation, while at the same time contributing to issues of capacity building at campuses in South Africa
- ACE@VU - Amsterdam Center for Entrepreneurship at VU has the mission to improve the climate for entrepreneurs in the Amsterdam region by stimulating entrepreneurship and enterprising behavior among students in Amsterdam and by conducting research that contributes to successful entrepreneurship in the Netherlands.