This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 89542
- faculteit der bètawetenschappen ( dep. environmental policy analysis )
- Senior Researcher
global environmental governance; privatization; green growth; climate change; biodiversity; forests
Philipp Pattberg is Professor (full) of Transnational Environmental Governance and Policy at VU University Amsterdam. He currently serves as the deputy department head of the Department of Environmental Policy Analysis (EPA) at the Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM) and holds a teaching appointment (40%) at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Political Science and Public Administration. He specializes in international relations of the environmental, with a focus on climate change, forestry and biodiversity. Dr Pattberg’s current research scrutinizes institutional complexity and fragmentation across policy domains (http://fragmentation.eu/). Philipp is the Chair of the Board of the Global Environmental Change Section of the German Political Science Association (http://www.ak-umwelt.de/) and a senior research fellow of the international Earth System Governance Project http://www.earthsystemgovernance.org/). Within the Netherlands Research School for Socio-Economic and Natural Sciences of the Environment (SENSE), Philipp co-coordinates the research cluster on global environmental governance and politics. He has published more than 120 scholarly articles, book chapters and reports. His work has appeared, among others, in Annual Review of Environment and Resources;European Journal of International Relations; Global Environmental Politics;Governance; International Studies Review; and Science. Philipp is the editor (with Agni Kalfagianni) of the Routledge Research in Global Environmental Governance series. His latest book (co-edited with Fariborz Zelli) is the Encyclopedia of Global Environmental Governance and Politics (Edward Elgar).
5 Key Publications
1. Pattberg, Philipp and Fariborz Zelli, editors (2015, in press): Encyclopedia of Global Environmental Politics and Governance. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, USA: Edward Elgar.
2. Pattberg, Philipp and Fariborz Zelli, editors (Forthcoming 2016): Environmental Politics and Governance in the Anthropocene: Institutions and Legitimacy in a Complex World. Abingdon, UK and New York, USA: Routledge.
3. Pattberg, Philipp and Oscar Widerberg (2015): Theorising Global Environmental Governance: Key Findings and Future Questions. In Millennium 43(2): 684-705.
4. Widerberg, Oscar and Philipp Pattberg (2015): International Cooperative Initiatives in global climate governance: Raising the ambition level or delegitimizing the UNFCCC? In Global Policy 6(1): 45-56.
5. Biermann, Frank, Philipp Pattberg, Harro van Asselt and Fariborz Zelli (2009): The Fragmentation of Global Governance Architectures: A Framework for Analysis. In Global Environmental Politics 9 (4): 14-40.