This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- faculteit der sociale wetensch ( afdeling bestuurswetenschap en politicologie )
- University Lecturer
Administrative systems, intergovernmental relations, decentralization, regional governance, the impact of European integration on domestic administrative systems, public managment. Policy area's: public housing, urban renewal, spatial planning.
In 2005 we started a research project into inter-municipal cooperation in a series of European countries. The project aims to make inventory of the existing trends in inter-municipal cooperation, to explain its attendant forms and the dynamics of cooperation in the countries included in the project and to analyze its performance in terms of efficacy, efficiency and democracy. In this way the project addresses one of the central topics of the departments’ research program Dynamics of Governance, i.e. (changing) patterns in intergovernmental institutional arrangements. The first product of the project, Inter-Municipal Cooperation in Europe, has been published in 2007 and contains country studies from Belgium, Germany, Finland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and the UK. We will continue our cooperation with a number of the contributors to the volume in order to collect more empirical data especially about the performance and democratic aspects of different institutional arrangements for inter-municipal cooperation.
- Hulst, R & Van Montfort, A. (Eds.) (2007) Inter-Municipal Cooperation in Europe. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Hulst, R.& Van Montfort, A. (2007) ‘Inter-Municipal Cooperation: A Widespread Phenomenon’ in: Hulst, R & Van Montfort, A. (eds.) Inter-Municipal Cooperation in Europe, Dordrecht: Springer, p. 1 –21.
- Hulst, R.& Van Montfort, A. (2007) ‘The Netherlands: Cooperation as the only Viable Strategy’ in: Hulst, R & Van Montfort, A. (eds.) Inter-Municipal Cooperation in Europe, Dordrecht: Springer, pp. 139 – 168.
- Hulst, R.& Van Montfort, A. (2007) ‘Comparative Analysis and Conclusions’, in: Hulst, R & Van Montfort, A. (eds.) Inter-Municipal Cooperation in Europe, Dordrecht: Springer, pp. 211 – 238.
- Fleurke, F. & Hulst, R. (2006) A Contingency Approach to Decentralization. Public Organization Review. Vol 6, issue 1, pp. 37 – 56.
- Hulst, R. (2005) Regional Governance in Unitary States. Local Government Studies. Vol. 31, issue 1, pp. 99-120
Research Programme Dynamics of Governance