- Telephone:+31 20 59 86732
- Room nr:z-309
- Unit:faculteit der sociale wetensch (afdeling organisatiewetenschappen)
- Position:Chairholder Management of Cultural change/ Head of Department Organization Sciences
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Marcel B. Veenswijk is professor in Management of Cultural Change and head of department of Organization Sciences. He publishes on cultural change, institutional transformation and innovation processes, especially in the context of public sector organizations. The work of his research group addresses the tensions between institutionalized structures and individual agency, the changing norms in institutional fields, the establishment of newly emerging fields, the break down or cut across institutionalised boundaries and the micro-processes of conflict and identity formation. Veenswijk has been project leader in a large variety of (externally financed) research projects. Recent examples are:
(1) ‘Partners in Business programme’ (2006-2013), focusing on new form of Public-Private collaborations within the context of (international) Megaprojects (with A. van Marrewijk);
(2) ‘Institutional transformation Public Sector Agencies Programme’ (2006-2014), studying the cultural change dynamics of public sector agencies such as The Dutch Civil Corps of Engineers, Kadaster and (several) Dutch Musea;
(3) NWO ‘Crowdfunding in the Cultural Heritage Sector’ (2013-2017), addressing the motives and consequences of new organizational funding arrangements (with I. Borst, R. Bekkers and B. Vernooij)
(4). NWO/Prorail, Whole system performance, studying cultural dynamics and innovation processes within the context of infrastructural disruptions, (with A. van Marrewijk and partners of Erasmus University(2012-2017)
Koerten, H. & M. Veenswijk (2013), Public Sector Reuse across Europe. Patterns in Policy-making from an Organizational Perspective, in: Journal of E-Governance, vol.36, nr. 4 (in press)
Koerten, M. Veenswijk & J. Poot (2013), The many shades of Public Sector Information. Organizing PSI in a European Perspective, Pearson, Edinburgh Gate, Harlow
Merkus, S. J. de Heer & M. Veenswijk (2014), Decision-Making as performative struggle: strategic political executive practices influencing the actualization of an infrastructural development, in Journal of Organizational Ethnography, vol 3, nr.1 (in press)
Winner of the 'Emerald Outstanding Paper Award 2011': Marrewijk, A.H. van, Veenswijk, M.B. & Clegg, S.R. (2010). Ethnographers, clinicians and ethnoventionists. Organising reflexivity in design oriented change programmes. Journal of Organizational Change Management, 23(3), 212-229.