- Telephone:+31 20 59 84804
- Room nr:3a-44
- Unit:faculteit der sociale wetenschappen ( afdeling organisatiewetenschappen )
- Civil-military collaboration
- Disaster response and crisis management
- Power in inter-organizational collaboration
My PhD-research focuses on civil-military collaboration in Dutch disaster response and crisis management. Whenever there are large or complex incidents, such as floods or wildfires, the traditional emergency responders (i.e. police, fire brigade and health services) call for the assistance of the armed forces. In recent years, the Dutch military has tried to enhance its domestic role. In my research, I aim to find out how the armed forces and the civilian emergency services negotiate the increasingly larger role of the armed forces within the Dutch safety and security domain.