- Telephone:+31 20 59 85376
- Unit:faculteit der sociale wetenschappen (afdeling organisatiewetenschappen)
- Position:Professor - endowed chair
Monday to Friday
- Organization and dynamics of science and innovation;
- The role of information technology and media in organizations;
- E-social science.
- Modeling and measuring the dynamics of science. The emergence, growth, and maturing of disciplinary and interdisciplinary research fields.
- Organization and management of research groups and research organizations.
- Effects of agenda setting mechanisms, funding instruments and evaluation systems on research.
- Measuring scholarly and societal quality and impact of research through interaction networks.
- Vibrant: social and organizational dimensions of research infrastructures.
- ICT, organizing and social change.
- Indicators for internationalization of science.
- Ondernemerschap en innovatie (Entrepreneurship and innovation)
- MSc Thesis
Supervision PhD students:
- Organization and management of research groups (Maaike Verbree; November 17, 2011)
- Mechanisms of knowledge transfer (Thomas Gurney; January 22, 2014)
- ICT and local communities (Dennis Beckers; to be finished in 2014)
- Decision making in research funding and careers (Pleun van Arensbergen; to be finished in 2014)
- The dynamics of large transdisciplinary research programs (Tjerk Wardenaar; to be finished in 2014)
- Knowledge transfer between universities and companies in Indonesia (Firmansyah David, 2012-2015) - with dr Peter van den Sijde
- Zelfsturing en configuraties van macht (Irene Sinteur; 2014-2017) - with prof. em. M. Mulder
Other information and the full text of most of my publications can be found on my homepage www.vandenbesselaar.net.
Peter van den Besselaar
15 December 2014
Last changes Ancillary activities: Amsterdam, 15 September 2015© Copyright VU University Amsterdam